INTERIOR - Headrests

john57

Hi,

Can headrests from a split bench be installed on buckets. Thinking of switching to buckets. How hard is it to install the center console? What about the column shifter, any problems changing over.

John, headrest's are different. The bench has a single center support while the buckets have two posts. I don't think it would be an easy task to switch over. Not all buckets came with a center console, I never tried installing one that wasn't already there. Can't help on the steering either. I'm sure someone can fill in here for me.

Hi Kris,

Hey, check out the For Sale/Wanted board. MJS-13 is parting out a 70 Monte. Lots of interior parts. Thanks for the info on the headrests. I wonder if it would be tough to find a set of headrests for buckets.

Thanks,

John

steering column switch is a bolt on, console install requires brackets and you have to drill a hole for shifter cable. i had to find a gromment for the cable hole and fashion a plate to hold it solid in place.

mrcash,

Thanks for the info on the column shifter and console. Did you end up making the brackets for the console as well. Or did they come with the unit. It doesn't sound to bad maybe I'll go for it. The only problem is that my honey won't be able to sit next to me any more... not that she ever did!

John

Thanks everyone for the info on the headrests and column/console. I'll have plenty of time to install them. The Monty's in the garage for the winter... Hibernating

John