Why do i not have power?

2 fuses blew the other night when my car lost all of its power. I could not read the fuses nor the names identifying them on the box. The fuses that blew would be the upmost right hand corner of the box, and the other was a itty bitty baby sized one directly at the bottom middle i believe. What are these fuses for?

Ok so 2 fuses blew and the others were fine. All the wires coming in and out of the fuse box are fine as well.

So I can't really figure out what the roll of the fan switch played when I flipped the switch on then immediatley power starts to die within a good 3 seconds before its all gone.

Ok I checked the cables coming in and going out from the battery, all were fine.

Checked the ignition relay to the starter, fine.

Had the battery tested, running great!

Regrounded everything to be sure.

The wires from the fan switch to the fuse box to the fan are fine.

So I can't think of why i have absolutley no power in my car.

Any ideas? and I was thinking maybe the distributor or the wires or spark plugs. Someone please give me some ideas and information on the direct effect of a real bad distributor problem, real bad spark plug problem, and I suppose the connection wires from plugs to distributor.

I' don't have much money to randomly blow on something I think could be wrong.

Ideas would be great other than replace it all heh

TaTa

I've run into a problem on newer gm's with fuseible link wires at the starter. I don't know how familiar you are with these, but they can be decieving. When they go bad the wire will break inside the insulation. They should burn the outside also so you can see it , but they don't always. are you checking power with a test light or a voltmeter? A test light dosen't always give the best result, it may light with as little as 6 volts which will not run the car. Just my lil input, hope it helps.

jim

mr g, i would look at the juntion block behind the right headlamp and the main ground to to blockand to the chassis.there is a fusilble link behind the left headlamp as well. gene

Thanks, i'm gonna have to remember that for tomorrow.

As for todays progress I began re-wiring overlooked old rotten wires and replaced all the fuses.

I checked the starter even had it manually turn over telling me I have power, so those fuse blocks behind the headlights, would they be the reason the interior isn't getting its power?

Anyways so if it is the problem, I just replace them and i can hear my baby growling agian? heh

Man electrical problems make me made.

I went from one day having a freashly washed, conditioned interior, spotless car to the dash pad, drivers seat and a bunch of misc things sticking up every where on the back seats.

ah!

There's a clue..... How was the interior cleaned? Was there a lot of cleaner and or water used? If so, then something behind the dash shorted out.The Dash on these things are definately not waterproof.....