M22 or Super T10 ?

stickshift

Me and my mechanic just dropped my transmission to replace the clutch. I was so sure that my trnsmission was an M22 Muncie four speed, but after removing the transmission we discovered that it is a Super T10 instead of a Muncie. I had to send the clutch and presure plate back because the Muncie uses an 11 inch 10 spline, and the Super T10 uses a 10.5 inch 26 spline.The clutch that i am sending back is a Zoon HP race, and the one that i am getting is a Centerforce duel friction. What do you guys thiink? Is a Super T10 transmission as strong as a Muncie? Is a Centerforce clutch better than a Zoom, Ram,McLeod or Hays?

Guest Evil Austin

A super T-10 will hold up just as much as the muncie will to power, and the parts to replace if broken are much cheaper as well. I was considering selling one of the M-22's I have in the garage to a guy that had almost a matching number in his '70 camaro and it would have payed off the super T-10 almost to the penny. I think the trans you have now is a great gig, don't be angry its not a M-22 it will definatly do the job for you !

As far as the clutch goes, Zoom makes great stuff, and I have used centerforce along with a lot of other fellas I know and we all have had great luck with them !

You will be happy with your setup !

-EA