Finally installed new clutch kit.

stickshift

Yesterday 02/20/08 me and my mechanic finally installed my new clutch in my 72. It has a small block making around 350 - 400 HP, and a super T10 four speed. I thought it had an M22 Muncie but it was not, it is a super T10. We installed a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch kit. I love it.It hooks up good on demand and is real smooth and has a real soft pedal. Actually I prefer a hard pedal, but I just have to get used to it. My next modification is to get rid of the 10 bolt rear end and install a 12 bolt posi unit with maybe 4.11 gears. What do you guys think?

Guest Evil Austin

Just depending on what you normally use the car for, I am going the same route, just a little backwards

-12 bolt with 4.11's

-M22 with Gear vendors overdrive

I road trip a lot, so the overdrive is a must, and I will be at 3200 rpm at 70, but if you were to run 4.11's you might max out too quick for too much freeway driving.

-EA

I'll hook you up with the 12 bolt rear out of my monte $1200 from drum to drum. 4.11's like new eaton posi, new aftermarket axle shafts all in good running shape! I have to upgrade and change gears and everything so im just going to get a 9" or dana 60 to help insure against breakage. pm me if intrested

Thanks Meanmonte, 12 bolt 4.11s sounds like the perfect move to complete my project.Let me talk it over with my wife and then i will PM you.I would also like to complement you on having the Coolest Monte that I have ever seen. Do you have any updated pics of your Monte?, also what color is that?