trani linkage

hey guys. Just wondering, I have just finished putting in my th350 trani, and i need to fix the linkage alignment. but i cannot for the life of me figure it out. i dont know how to get it so that it will lock in all gears. Right now when you put it in any gear it just rolls forward. I tried putting in reverse to put it further back in the garage and it just rolls forward and then when i give it a little gas and nutz it moves back, i`ll let off the gas and it will just die on me! So i dont know whether the trani linkage is the problem of whether i have something else that i need to look at. So any help from you guys would be great. Thanx, Chris

• 6 months later...

Well linkage is just mecanhical. It does not really do anything but select the gear from the outside lever on the tranny. So even if you had the lever all off like 1st was 2nd and 2nd was 3rd and so one it will still engage in the gear.

Sounds like to me something inside the tranny is a miss...?? NOT GOOD. Could be as simple as the lever in the tranny was installed loose or rattle loose or the vavle body might be missing stuff essential to the workings.

The only sure way to tell if it is the inners of the tranny or the external lever adjust ment is to full remove the linkage and jack stand the car with a brake and gas pedal (person) controller and you manually move the tranny lever into and out of each gear. If it all operates fine that way your linkage is cause the havoc. Good luck oh if it is not the linkage ...My GOD Bless you. That means dissassebly AGAIN

Thanks alot for the reply. I am probably going to start on it in the spring time again. I have so much more on the go right now than i did before. But i will keep what you said in mind and get on it in the spring! Thanks again, Chris