B &M

hey guys,

i'm gonna be getting a b&m ****fer here soon and my friend has a console from a chevelle or a monte carlo that id like to put in also. would the b&m shifter and chrome indicator plate fit in to where the old shifter would sit?or would i have to cut it a bit for it to fit. its not a big deal or anythign cuz im just curious cuz i think it would look nice.

Oh god can't bare the thought ...sorry hate to here people cutting the old stuff ...hope that console is a junker... You don't like the horse shoe shifter?? I race with mine, I like it more control for shifting . and you can make up a special plate to control the shift I got one from year one and modified it ( the plate the shifter slides its bar on.) Just some thoughts can't stop you from doing what you want, just trying to sway the thought...lol Good luck. Jim

I put a B&M Mega shifter in mine. I had to cut the indicater plate slightly. Here's the tricky part though: the area you are trying to put that in is not a perfect rectangle. One of the ends is wider than the other. So it needs to be cut in an angle. I have mine so it is a very very snug fit. I didn't even screw that down. One other thing, to make the boot look good, I had to shim the shfter up with washers, otherwise it was sitting way too low. And I did have to cut some of the counsil apart, but nothing that could be seen. I was pretty happy with the install and love the shifter. Big J

Thanks Dave. But the problem I'm having is uploading it from my camera. My computer turned into a rock, which means I have to go to my Dads to do it. Tried it once but had no luck. I've been working a lot and haven't had a chance to try again. I have a lot of pics to upload, like pictures from woodward still. If I do have problems after uploaded, I will keep that in mind though. Big J

• 1 month later...