Anybody using the B&M Holeshot converter?

The regular one or the nitrous one in a 2400 stall. I'm looking at one to put behind my blown 632 for street driving. I hear they can take a beating.

If you are using one, (or any B&M for that matter)are you happy with the stall speed you chose? How has the converter worked for you?

I used a regular holeshot 2400 behind a ~500lbft 454 for around 8 years. It actually ran great, but I'm not sure how it would do behind a 632, that would be too much in my opinion. You will hear all different opinions on this one. If you research, you will hear good things, and bad about EVERYONE! I talked to Hughes, and B&M and the hughes guys were WAY more knowledgable. the BM guys could only tell me to go with theirs because they've been building them a long time. That seemed pretty crappy to me. Hughes talked indepth about why I should choose them. I ended up chickening out on both of them and had ATI build one for me, and it is doing fine so far. They did a good job of building what I needed.

A B&M converter period behind 600+ cubes with or without a blower would be a big mistake that could cost you a trans as well.

The B&M units used to be top notch about 35 years ago, they haven't changed or upgraded the design or the parts of their converters. 35 years ago a 500 hp BB was a bad hombre! 1200+ hp was a blown alcohol dragster engine!

It's a whole different world today and the load todays engines place on the trans and converter is two fold what it was back in the day! Call ATI or COAN for a converter. Coan(765-456-3957) builds alot of pulling truck and tractor converters for blown apps. I had one in a 1800hp NOS fed Nova that ran 6.83 at 203 at the 2000 Indy super chevy show. Should have kept that car!

Don

Don

A blown 632? Hmmmm... whatever converter you buy, get 2. In fact, get 2 of everything for the drive train- even the best stuff won't live too long behind that beast! smile

I have a B&M Nitrous 2400 in my 454 monte and in my 540 Camaro. They're both street cars and I'm happy with the stall speed. The Camaro had a 3000 converter but is more fun to drive with the 2400. I haven't had the car to the track since the swap to the 2400, so I'm not sure if it is going to kill my 60'. I've had good luck with B&M.