Idle stop solenoid help

Machtuck

I have a 1972 with a 402. The top is factory intake and quadrajet. Since I have owned this car, I have had difficulties with the eng idle while the compressor is operating. The load of the compressor drags the idle to less than desirable.

For years, people have argued the purpose of an idle stop solenoid. Through personal research and experience, I have surmised that it's purpose is to open the throttle blades to prevent dieseling with lower compression engines and catpi$$ gasoline. My question is do any of you Monte guys have a solenoid that activates when the ac is turned on?

I have a tan wire going to my stop solenoid that activates the solenoid when the key is turned on. I followed the wiring and it was not altered from the original harness.

There is a plug near the throttle of the carb that has a black, 2tan and a green wire with a white stripe. Since I don't have a wiring diagram, I am unable to determine what this plug is for. Is it for cruise control?

Any help is appreciated as I have never run into this issue before.