C-clip elim. question

TommyP

When your pressing the c-clip eliminators onto your axles how far do you press them on. The Strange directions say "till they seat" does this mean as far as they will go. I just don't want to press them on too far and end up having the outside edge of the brake shoes rubbing on the inside of the brake drums.

The Strange kit I used with the tapered bearings gave me a specific distance between the bearing and the axle flange. I did press them on a bit farther to gain some clearance on the lip of the fender.

I looked for the instructions but could not find them.

I also cut the end of the axles off at the C clip groove to insure that they did not bottom out on the cross shaft.

I also cut the axles off at the c clip grooves. Maybe someone could take a look at their car and let me know how much clearance there is between the inside edge of the brake drum and the sheet metal lip that goes around the lower half of the brake backing plate. The more I press the eliminators on the axle the smaller that gap will become.

Thanks Mike. I guess I'll just have to take some measurments and make sure that I don't end up with clearance issues. I'm happy to just be working on it again. Hopefully I can get it back together and still do something with it this summer.

I ended up putting the stock axle back in on the other side and was able to get a measurement to go by. I worked on it last night and was able to get one side pretty much done. Ahhh progress at last. smile