Sump install

Chevyss

Tired of my fuel pump hitting my rearend. Oh, that should be the other way around. Everytime I do a hard launch, the rearend comes up and hits the fuel pump mounted just ahead of the tank. I've ordered a new tank, sump kit, straps, and anti-squeak insulation kit. Is there anything else I might need? Thanks in advance for any information you might have.

you can't just move the pump?

I'm gonna have to ask the same question. I know you have been looking to sell your car for some time now. I just hate to see you dump more $$$ into it. There has to be a way to move it clear of the rear end...do you have any pictures of your current pump set-up? We might have an idea that you might not have thought of if we can just see it.

There is a perfect pump location on the inside of the frame rail at the bottom of the wheel arch curve that tucks up safely under the body away from the rear end and road debis. Can even run the line if it braided through existing holes in the fame to be completely protected.

Garrett.

Royce,

I cut a piece of angle iron and drilled a hole in the center and it is mounted with the tank strap bolt head on the passenger side. Before I mounted it I held the pump bracket up to it and mocked up the holes and drilled them out. The bracket works really well and puts the pump inlet below the lowest part of the tank. Robbmc pickup with a smooth 90 degree -8 female to female out to a Robbmc 100 -8 micron male to male filter then a smooth 90 -8 female fitting and a short run of -8 to the pump inlet. Clears the axle tube and rear center section even with the LPW cover and 3" exhaust.

Sounds confusing but I can take some pics this weekend. BTW I run a return style reg. Did you know it takes almost 40' of hose to plumb a Monte? lol

David

I'll get pictures tomorrow. I know selling won't be fun. I've put a lot into this car. All I know that the buyer is going to get a really nice car for a steal. But for me it must be right for the next owner. If it sells, then I will start looking for an SS.