New mods to the Monte

Chevyss

Doing some upgrades to the Monte this week. New sumped gas tank and moving fuel lines. Putting battery in the trunk and installing a new Pro-Systems 1100 Dominator. I've got six months to get it ready for the track. Also installing a six point roll cage in it.

Very nice Royce. I would love to see some step by step pic's of the rollbar install. What carb are you currently running? How much are you looking to pick up et/mph wise with the switch to the dominator? That Monte will be haul'in next season for sure.

David

Dave, they sent me a 4150 that they said would run about 880. I thought we had settled in a dominator, but with the manifold I'm running now. What manifold should I go to? I'm not sure of all that what they are saying means, but I trust them because Dave likes

PRO-SYSTEMS E-MAIL: PATRICK SENT ME THIS AND TOLD ME WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO.

Normally we never offer this carb as its a higher end unit , its pricey and most folks don't bite. But you can really use it on your combo with a dual plane intake and 4150 bolt pattern.

We have an 1000 HP gasoline carb that instead of using the small fuel port 4150 metering block configuration, we internally upgrade to dominator style big fuel port metering on a 4150 size carburetor.

The Dominator style metering 1000 really steps things up as compared to a normal 4150. It has those big port passages (unlike the small fuel port 4150 standard metering configuration), perfect for your big block engine (they pulse real hard and love big fuel port passages).

This design offers faster acceleration and shift recovery over a standard 4150 as it has a metering design much like a Dominator, but on a 4150 package with machined shear edge stepped dog leg boosters.

This combination really gets rid of lean launch conditions, lean shift spikes (I've taken guys from 2 inch wheelies to 2 foot wheelies with this setup). Its a very nice cruising carburetor with great street manners too. : )

It also comes with access to our 24/7 techline for tuning assistance after hours, on weekends and/or at the races.

As you can expect, it has our adjustable air bleed configuration, non-stick gaskets, drag float, Billet baseplate, jet extensions, a complete wet-flow portfolio (for easy jet selection, but I'm usually dead on or within 2 numbers) and the new style big sight glass bowls.

It'll flow in the 960-1000 real cfm range. I'll know more when I am flowing it for the application.

Normally this carb is $950.00 BUT I will simply exchange you for the $800.00 carb you currently have as I want you a satisfied customer and I think you just were not sure of what intake you had and I should have helped you clarify that fact.

So I will eat the difference in cost on this deal.

Dave, they sent me a 4150 that they said would run about 880. I thought we had settled in a dominator, but with the manifold I'm running now. What manifold should I go to? I'm not sure of all that what they are saying means, but I trust them because Dave likes

PRO-SYSTEMS E-MAIL: PATRICK SENT ME THIS AND TOLD ME WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO.

Normally we never offer this carb as its a higher end unit , its pricey and most folks don't bite. But you can really use it on your combo with a dual plane intake and 4150 bolt pattern.

We have an 1000 HP gasoline carb that instead of using the small fuel port 4150 metering block configuration, we internally upgrade to dominator style big fuel port metering on a 4150 size carburetor.

The Dominator style metering 1000 really steps things up as compared to a normal 4150. It has those big port passages (unlike the small fuel port 4150 standard metering configuration), perfect for your big block engine (they pulse real hard and love big fuel port passages).

This design offers faster acceleration and shift recovery over a standard 4150 as it has a metering design much like a Dominator, but on a 4150 package with machined shear edge stepped dog leg boosters.

This combination really gets rid of lean launch conditions, lean shift spikes (I've taken guys from 2 inch wheelies to 2 foot wheelies with this setup). Its a very nice cruising carburetor with great street manners too. : )

It also comes with access to our 24/7 techline for tuning assistance after hours, on weekends and/or at the races.

As you can expect, it has our adjustable air bleed configuration, non-stick gaskets, drag float, Billet baseplate, jet extensions, a complete wet-flow portfolio (for easy jet selection, but I'm usually dead on or within 2 numbers) and the new style big sight glass bowls.

It'll flow in the 960-1000 real cfm range. I'll know more when I am flowing it for the application.

Normally this carb is $950.00 BUT I will simply exchange you for the $800.00 carb you currently have as I want you a satisfied customer and I think you just were not sure of what intake you had and I should have helped you clarify that fact.

So I will eat the difference in cost on this deal.

sounds like an interesting carb Royce, it's basically my carb with Dominator metering and bowls. Patrick knows his stuff so I would trust him, he never offered that carb to me. If there's no cost difference I don't see a down side. You could move to a Edelbrock AirGap which might show some slight improvement over your stock intake (which is basically a Edelbrock RPM). Until you do something with the heads and cam I would stay with the dual plane...

Royce - what have you done to the 502 or is it stock?

I'm following this thread as I got a very similar email from Patrick for my near-stock 502.

I don't know what you have for heads and a cam, but in it's last configuration I used a Holley Strip Dominator intake with a custom AED 850 carb. With my AFR 315 heads and a big hydraulic roller cam my 489 with a custom built 700R4 was a beast on the street. My dyno guy stated he had never seen/heard a big block spin up as fast as mine did. With the advent of your carb story I'm wishing I'd have stayed where I was vice where I'm at now since I'm not going racing. I'm thinking in a couple years of de-tuning and return my car to cruiser status again.