Just some info i didn't know..

Machtuck

Changed from a petronix distributor to a MSD HEI street fire. I think the number is 8362, anyways, it operates flawlessly but the tach didn't work. All i had done to the tach wire was switch from a loop to a spade connector. Researched for a week on internet and tried different things but no joy. I finally called MSD and tech advised to add a 10 ohm resistor to the wire. I went to radio shack and bought the resistor- 2 for $1.49. It worked! I called back to learn of the rationale and the tech told me something about the inadequecy of the pulse of the distributor. I should had posted this problem here as alot of you guys probably knew this. Maybe i should had posted this on the electrical... Anyways, something to put in your knowledge repository.

Thanks for sharing that tip, Jerry. That knowledge was a benefit to you and you have amplified the benefit to our club members by taking the time and initiative to share it on the forums. It doesn't matter how may already know any particular fact or tip - there are always plenty who don't so time and effort spent sharing is very worthwhile.

I, for one, am pretty much a novice when it comes to working on vehicles - even the relatively simple ones like our first gen Montes. I put off making a switch to a standard GM HEI for months because my lack of knowledge and experience made me fearful that I would screw it up. But, because others shared their successful experiences and tips, I decided to plunge in. Now I wish I had done it long ago ... smile

BTW, I have a good friend in Hobe Sound. Let me know if you ever cross the swamp ... I'm virtually due west of you.

Thanks for the compliment. This has been a great go-to website for info, not to mention, courteous people. Will be looking out for your buddy in Hobe Sound.

I have met up with Mike in Boca. We are meeting tonight at the local car show at Abacoa.