SS454 SS Ad Copy Included With 1/64th Scale Monte

David Mau

I recently received the diecast 1/64th scale Revell "Collectible Chevy" black '70 Monte Carlo that I ordered from Tower Hobbies ( www.towerhobbies.com ). The ad copy that is included on the card appears to be that of what was originally included in SS454 advertising!

Here's what it says:

(Headline) "Monte Carlo SS. There's a lot of dig beneath its dignity."

(Body copy) "True, the Monte Carlo SS comes with a lot of class. But it also goes with a lot of authority. Because that classic grille cloaks a 454-cu.-in. 360-hp V8. And poised under those classic lines are what our engineers like to call "special chassis components," including Automatic Level Control and wide-rim 15"x7" wheels. Power disc brakes are standard. So are G78x15 fiberglass-belted tires. A 3-range special Turbo Hydramatic Transmission makes a good thing even better. Monte Carlo SS. Like an iron fist in a velvet glove.

Putting you first, keeps us first."

This is followed by the tagline "On the move." and the bow-tie logo with "CHEVROLET" reversed out of it.

The car itself is triple-black, with the roof finished slightly matte to simulate the vinyl top. The interior has bucket seats and a console. All the chrome trim is well represented with silver paint, including detailing like door handles, hood spear and "Monte Carlo" script emblems at all correct locations. It has chrome rally wheels with whitewall tires.

All in all, a nice example of a 1/64th scale car by Revell! smile.gif

Dave

Pics?? PRice?? Love to see it. biggrin.gif

------------------

Tim (Ratchetmaster)

Former owner (13 yrs) 1970 SS454 MonteCarlo frown.gif

CURRENTLY OWNED CARS:

1973 RS LT Z28

1972 454 Elcamino (almost done!!)

1969 442 Convertible

1968 RS SS 350 Camaro 4sp.

1999 T/A WS-6 ram air A4

1995 WWW LT1 Caprice A4

[This message has been edited by ratchetmaster (edited 12-02-2002).]

Tim,

For a description and a photograph of the black SS 1/64th scale Revell die-cast Monte Carlo, go to the FGMCC Non-Tech forum, and scroll down a ways to Bob Hansen's post titled "New Die Cast Monte's". Scroll down that thread a ways until you get to MarchieB's reply, and he has a link on there that will take you directly to the black Monte, which is on Tower Hobbies' web site. I think that their price is $2.89, and that's where I ordered mine from smile.gif.

Enjoy!

Dave