Speedo gear

SxFxZ

Hello, when I got my monte the speedo cable was hooked up but the speedo didn't work. I was told it probably doesn't have the right speedo gears in it. I have a TH400 in my 1970 which originally had a PG but previous owner before him had a TH350 in it. I have 3.73's in the car, which gears do I need to get my speedo to work again? Thanks!

First thing is to check if the cable is hooked up at the back of the speedometer. You will need to get your hand up behind the dash and make sure it is pushed on the whole way. There is a metal tab that holds it in place. Then I would disconnect the cable at the trans and you should be able to spin the inner cable and have someone watch the needle for movement. Also check the end of the cable. It should be square in shape and not rounded. If that all checks out then you know the problem lies within the trans.

Hi Todd,After you do the cable check like Scott said,check these guys out. Just call them and tell them what tranny,rear gears,tire size and they will tell you what you need.

www.Transmissioncenter.net

For spedometer gears PH# 1 888-877-1008

Terry