Limited Slip Selection

PhatNBad

Hi folks...I have a 70 Monte, that originally had a 273 rear gear ratio. Last summer I installed 373s... Id like to upgrade to a limited slip rear end. Im assuming the existing rear is a single wheel peel (open?). I was wondering if anyone could give me recommendations. Diff 1 and Diff 2 are the 2 that I found on summit racing narrowing it down using their filters. Thanks for the advice!

IIRC Auburn L/S are not rebuildable. I had an eaton in my 8.2 and it gave me great service and performance. Yukon is also another nice L/S carrier. Both are rebuildable.

I have an eaton tru trac in my Moser 12 bolt. Very smooth and works well at the track.

David

David...Thanks for the reply. I picked up a 69 GTO 3.23 complete posi rear end for it last fall after I installed the 373s. The 373s are a little much with no overdrive. So Im still kinda torn between the 373s with a 200-4r tranny and sell the 3.23 or swapping in the 3.23 I picked up and staying with the th-350. Choices choices.

I went with the Eaton clutch unit on my car and also plan to run 3:73. Eaton is used in the street sweepers that city of Scottsdale uses and everyone i've spoken too loves them! the auburn units make a ticking noise but the eaton clutch unit is very quiet. I just recently purchased mine from jegs and priced matched it with summit for that extra $10 savings ha but eaton is currently offering a $70 mail in rebate. I highly recommend you look into eaton it was a great deal!!

I bought my Auburn unit because the Eatons were all on backorder from everywhere at the time with no estimated delivery date in sight. 3.73 gears and a 200-4r... it works well together. I really like the Auburn but don't have anything to compare it to.

• 1 month later...