New motor stumbling/stalling under acceleration

Crow

Hi all, hoping someone can help diagnose. My new stroker is running well one day, won't accelerate the next. Has about 100 miles on it so far. New GMPP ZZ383, DEMON 650 VE, new GM HEI.

Starts fine, idles fine, vacuum about 20" off manifold at idle, revs high about 1250 (now), shuts down fine, will run about 7mph without throttle, but soon as I step on it, it misses, and will stall if I don't get off it..

Was running strong a day before, a little pinging under acceleration, was gonna address that when this happened.

No inline fuel filter, if plugged somewhere wouldn't idle be affected?

If there is a fuel restriction you could get enough fuel to idle but not enough to run the rpm up. You can run it until it stops and take off the air cleaner and work the throttle and watch your squirters. If the carb is empty or that low you may only get 1 good squirt then start getting air. Or run your fuel line into a jug and see what you get per minute based on the pump flow specs. Not good to not have a filter either. Any junk in the tank will get right into your carb and cause all sorts of problems.

Doesn't pop or backfire, yeah I think I'm looking at pulling the carb apart and cleaning it out.. then installing an inline filter with a new tank, its original.