700R4 and stock floor shifter

I'm having a shop install a 700r4 in my 454 monte. He is telling me that there is trouble hooking up the linkage. what possible tips or solutions are there for this? I really don't eant to loose my original horseshoe shifter.

LOOK-A-LIKE... I have a 70 and added a 700r4.I bought the detent kit and new gear display parts .I had a little problem with the linkage mounting to the trans . I think i put a spacer at one end of the shifter cable braket at the tranny end.The other problem is with the backdrive mechanism to the ignition lockout ( where the cross shaft runs from the tranny to the steering column)Just remove the rod to the column shift.Though you do loose the ignition lockout that way and it can start in gear.I made a part to correct that problem . I can send you a photo of what i did if you like .

mike

I bought the shifter detent conversion and the console lens plate from WWW.midstateclassic.com . I have purchased several parts from Glenn . He is basically a Web based store . I found him at a local swap meet . the lens part#`MCS118 the detent kit is part#MCSC224 unless he has changed his parts system . will try to email the picture to you .

• 5 weeks later...

I have a brand new shift indicator plate for the floor shifter that works with the 700r4 It has P R N D 3 2 1 Green letters

I will take 15.00 for it and that includes shipping. I also have a Paypal account.