GM Restoration Package

kmelton

Think Nothing is Free?

i just ordered my package, hope its useful.

i think this bit of info below is helpful. possibly could it be placed on website on technical info page? i looked all over the message board and could not find this info.

GM RESTORATION PACKAGES

HAVE VIN NUMBER ON HAND, they ask for it, i suppose so they make sure you are not just ordering at whim? surely they do not keep track of our vins or does the package actually have any custom tailoring based on our vin numbers?

USA

Phone -- Call the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center, 1-800-222-1020 Ask for the "Restoration Package"

Or write to:

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center

Chevrolet Motor Division, General Motors Corporation

P. O. Box 7047

Troy, Michigan 48007-7047

Contact GM Canada with your VIN toll-free (in Canada) 1-888-467-6853, between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EASTERN time.

Outside Canada, call 1-905-644-3387 or 1-905-644-4060. The Canadian Restoration Pack is not free. The complete contents are described on the GM Canada web site.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a "Canadian" built car, they can tell you everything about your car that the build sheet would have provided on your specific car.

If your car was built in the US it will give you info about general production and production codes. It will also give you some restoration sources such as "GM restoration parts".

I don't know about it being "free" for US cars but when I requested mine (Canadian built) they charged me $45.

Hey 70Kebi, I see you list yourself as NYC, there's a bunch of us out on the island. Where exactly are you in NY?

Steve