Got my buckets in but they sure are high...

farmall

Well, I got my bucket seat brackets welded in and the seats are there.  I have not put the rest together so no pictures yet.  I did notice that with my seat slid all the way back, I feel very high and kind of close to the steering wheel.  I am sure that the springs were probably soft in my bench seat but man, my head is only 1 inch from headliner now.  I am only 5'11 and 225 lbs (don't judge me).  Is it possible that I have the wrong sliders?  The guy I bought the seats from said they came from a 68 Chevelle but they have headrest and the seat release button on the back, so I assume 69 to 72??.  Does any one have any suggestions for me?

The vinyl will strech in a while and the foam will settle in ,as far as being to close to the wheel ,they make a kit for the tracks that allows you another 2 in set back for more leg room.

When you welded in the bucket seat brackets to the floor did you place them with the raised mounts at the front and the flush ones at the rear ? that way we start from the beginning and know those are in correct before looking at the seats.

Darren.