Quick tire question

Corvus

Hi all,

Looking to get new front rubber for my 70. Currently, it has 275/60/15 on all four corners and handles like a boat. I do like the 275s in the back and like the height of the rear as it sits currently. But the front definitely needs to come down a couple inches. 

Which would be more preferable? A 225/70/15 or a 235/60/15 with keeping the 275/60/15 in the rear? I do like the forward rake look, but want this thing to handle better. 

Thanks!

-David

David,

I'm not sure how you get by with 275/60's on the front - must have some serious rubbing on tight turns.  I run 255/60s on the front (275/60s in back) and needed a 1" spacer to ensure clearance.  Unless you want a distinct rake or size appearance difference, you probably don't need anything smaller than a 245/60 but it's your choice.  Personally I like the 255/275 combo better than the four 245s I have on my '70 SS.

David,

I'm not sure how you get by with 275/60's on the front - must have some serious rubbing on tight turns.  I run 255/60s on the front (275/60s in back) and needed a 1" spacer to ensure clearance.  Unless you want a distinct rake or size appearance difference, you probably don't need anything smaller than a 245/60 but it's your choice.  Personally I like the 255/275 combo better than the four 245s I have on my '70 SS.

Dennis, I'm not sure either. I haven't noted any serious rubbing from the front even lock-lock. But I haven't investigated it in depth just yet. This isn't a very good picture because my driveway is slanted, but the front end is quite up in the air. I have an all new front end to put on it, but it drives very floaty right now. I think you're right and I'll probably give 245/60/15 on the front and keep the 275/60 on the back. I'm not really sure how the front tires are fitting, I feel like something odd is going on up front haha. 

2s7uwsi.jpg