ENGINE - Heater Valve

My '71 350ci. monte with AC has a vacuum controlled heater valve off the top of my intake near the alternator bracket. The vacuum line was disconnected before I bought the car. Now that I have the valve working again (it had rusted in place) where does it get hooked up to?

I am not sure but I think you are talking about the part that goes in your heater hose. If you were to cut your heater hose, and put one end of hose to the valve, and the other end of the hose to the other side of the valve. Do you have any pictures of it?

------------------

logo_org_pub.gifLLOYD@firstgenmc.com logo_org_pub.gifgraphic_pub.jpg

http://home.attbi.com/~adgtrunklid

[This message has been edited by ADGTRUNKLID (edited 07-02-2002).]

There should be a vacuum line that hooks to the heater switches inside the car. When you select warm temps from the slider, it should put vacuum to the hose and open the valve to let water into your heater core.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wallaby:
There should be a vacuum line that hooks to the heater switches inside the car. When you select warm temps from the slider, it should put vacuum to the hose and open the valve to let water into your heater core.</font>

This line would originaly go in through the firewall from the engine to the heat control then back out through the firewall above the pass side of the engine. Is it still there but plugged off?
You should be able to find it by moving the heat control to open and with engine running to find the hose with vaccume.

------------------
George Lines

[This message has been edited by George Lines (edited 07-02-2002).]