stock tach w/msd box

Hello All,

Has anyone installed an MSD 6A into a pre72 car w/ tach??? I know it doesnt work, but I bought an an adapter from MSD and the tach is steady and slow it seem to be missing the beat. It doesnt jump like my old aftermater tach. Do stock tach move slow and steady? It's been a awhile since I drove but I mashed the gas in neutral and the tach went to three grand dont V8 rev high4-5grand with a stomp on the gas??

THANKS

I have a MSD 6al box with a factory tach and mine works normal. My box came with all the wires and adapters. I run a stock HEI with an Accel super coil. They recommend running certain coils with certain applications, don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not.

Jon.

I run a Holley box with my factory tach and had no problems. I ran a brown wire to the tach lead in the harness. No adaptors. I verified the tach reading with a strobe tach and it is accurate.

------------------

If you get out of your car without needing to change your pants, you weren't driving fast enough.

In my fist setup I attached the factory tach to the MSD using their adapters and my factory tach ran slow or sometimes it would run backwards when stomping then go forwards. I then purchased a aftermarket autogage tach with direct hookup to MSD 6AL box lead and new tach works great. I determined that the factory tach is bad. Remember that the factory tach is 30+ yrs old.