Coil input wires

GatorDog72

When using an MSD trigger box, the coil input wires see something like 400-500v, if I understand it correctly. Would the higher voltage on these wires cause interference with the rest of the harness?  Should I isolate or shield the coil input wires away from the rest of the chassis/engine harness, or am I wasting my time? :nutz:  I have the box installed inside the car, and would prefer to have all the wiring come out one hole on the firewall if possible.

I just got off the phone with MSD on this issue and it apparently makes no difference where the coil input wires get routed. However, the magnetic pickup wires (green/purple) ARE sensitive to interference and should be kept away from any electrical noise. They also sell a shielded cable for this circuit. I should have probably mentioned the box I'm running is a 6AL-2 Programmable. Should be pretty much the same for any 6 series box. Hope this info helps anyone trying to install one of these.