will a '72 fender fit a '70? what about the inner fenders?

Got a '72 parts car today, hoping that the rt ft fender will work for my '70

Here is a copy of my other post about what I saw that was good on this car.........

Very rusty but from what I saw in the few minutes I had to look it over it was a steal for $350.00

The one piece that I was most pleased with was the right front fender, it is a replacement piece that was mounted but never painted, the whole top flat section is lightly surface rusted but othere than that it is in perfect shape, never even had the mouldings re-attached which made it nice and easy to see absolutely no rust in that lower rear section, one problem is that I seem to remember hearing that a '71/'72 fender is different than my '70's fender, going to have to check on that.

The next best items were the inner fenders, they are perfect, not a crack in them.

The rear bumper is in very good shape, chrome is fair, there is a quarter inch crack at the bottom center of the right tail lamp opening but no dings or dents, my current rear bumper is pretty banged up.

The interior is 100% complete, black vinyl bench, very dirty but no rips or splits.

The dash is excellent but also dirty, the pad is perfect, the original radio is still there,

All the trim is good, the rocker mouldings are missing, the rear w/o mldngs are on it, the fronts are in the trunk.

The front bumper needs chrome, and I cant tell if there is damage to the center point or if it is just a rough stamping.

The grill is dull but solid, no cracks or missing chunks.

Tail lights and extensions are excellent.

Headlight extensions are good, surface rust on the top of the left one.

Rad, condensor, compressor, power str pump, and ac box are there.

The glass all looks perfect, no scratches that I could see.

The windows and door latch/handles operated better than my current ones.

I need to take a look at the rear end, hoping that maybe it has a 12 bolt or even a 10/posi but figure it is likely a 2:73 open like most

the bad part is that aside from the rt ft fender the rest of the car is rusted out pretty bad, lots of bondo and rust throughs.

Gonna attack the car like a pirranha saturday afternoon biggrin.gif

------------------

monte.jpg

Always wear your seatbelt!

'cause, if you die, you wont be able to fix your car biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Jerry (edited 10-04-2003).]

Jerry the inner fenders should fit no problem. the fender itself is different for a 70 . where the fender attaches to the core support on a 70 there are two bolts . that section of the fender is flat . on 71/72 this same section of the fender has a step between the two bolts . if your not going for a perfect show car i think the simple fix is a few washers under the higher section of the fender . if you want a more original look i think you might cut that section for your old fender and have it welded in . also on the front of the fenders theres a change ih how the fender extensions fit/attach . i am not sure just what it takes to resolve that , though i think its not real complicated .

good luck mike