removal of speedo gaer on turbo 400

im i nuts or after removal of the 1/4 inch bolt and that y shaped bracket shouldnt the speedo gear jiggle out of the tranny.any secerts on how to jiggle that out with messing up the treads for the speedo cable,i want to replace the o rings to stop a slow drip. and i assume that those o rings are nothing special just a standard hardware ring thanks in advance gene

Gene ... one of the orings you want to replace is probly causing the gear housing to stick in the tranny case.i cant remember if that gear housing has two flat sides that a wrench may fit to twist it some.another possiblility is wrap a wrag around the trheads and twist with pliers.

Yes, it just an O ring. I seems to me that I have had that problem before and I used a small rubber hammer tapping lightly on side then the other and got it working loose. Leave the spedo cable on until you get it out that way you will not dammage the threads.