VORTEC 350 HEAD SWAP OPINIONS?

tortu15071

I have a pair of good vortec heads from a 1998 chevy 2500 van they are the 062 heads. I am considering using them on my stock 350.I plan on freshening them up with new seals and springs and installing them with the summit 1103 cam. Does anybody have an idea what kind of power I can expect? And estimated 1/4 mile times? I am hoping for somewhere in the 14s. Also will a high rise intake work with my stock hood?

Any help is appreciated.

Do your homework on those heads. The valve lift on that cam is right at "too much" for stock heads. The retainers will hit the guides. Also watch your compression as the heads have smaller chambers

just saying to check, I have done a few vortec head builds and have seen the guides on stock heads vary +or - .020. also for the intake gaskets, glue them on around the intake ports with permatex great stuff. they like to suck oil in from the lifter valley. let it dry over night before starting the engine.

Just a gasket maker called "great stuff" it's tough and works good. I would assume you would pick up 30-40 hp just putting the heads on. They are a very capable street head. You will notice a difference

I might be wrong but I seem to recall that crane offered a spring package a while back that would allow you to run up to .500 lift without the retainers hitting the guides. I don't think there is any machine work needed. 

Might check out cranes website and call their tech department. Either way the vortec heads are a great performer.

David