Have you ever used this product?

1SUPER70

I have used stuff like that in customer's cars. There are lots of brands that sell a similar product for engine, trans and power steering system leaks. Generaly what they do is they have an additive that will attack and swell rubber it comes in contact with. It will soften up old brittle seals but if it stays in contact too long, it would ruin the rubber part. Seals and cork/rubber gaskets react to this stuff and might swell up enough to stop a leak if it is minor. What makes it work is that they only use a small ammount of the additive, and engine heat will make it evaporate out of the mix in a short time so it is considered safe to use. Open a bottle up at the parts house and you will smell it. Of course the container says something like: "Guaranteed to stop all leaks, if it doesn't, mechanical repairs may be needed."

I have used several of the lucas products and found they ae the only additives that do anything. I put the trans additive in my dodge p-up and the shifts firmed up noticably. I ran it for 20k then sold the truck so I don't know if there was any long term problems,

Jim