RESTORERS - passenger mirror

ejw71

Did 1st Gens have a interior adjustable passenger side mirror as an option? My 85 SS does and would like to get one for my 1st Gen. 71 Ed AR

I really don't know for sure if they did or not but Original Parts Group offers a passenger side mirror for 86.00. It lists it as a 73-77 mirror but it looks exactly like the one on my 72 monte.

Nope, only a drivers side remote. I think all passenger side mirrors were dealer installed, as you might notice, there aren't many 25-30 year old cars out there with a mirror on the passenger side.

I would be careful assuming that a 73-77 mirror will fit a 70-72. 73-77 mirrors mount on the side of the door (a more vertical surface) and the 70-72 mirrors mount on the top of the door (a more horizontal surface).

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 driver side & 1 passenger side sport mirrors. I'd consider a trade for a power bucket seat track track or an AM/FM/ 8 track radio. The right mirror seems pretty rare.

Many have tried to use other mirrors with what appears to be the same basic bullet shape, but when they try to install them, they find out the geometry is wrong & they either sit crooked or hit the window. Here's your chance to get the correct ones! Email to propose trades or for pictures. Jon

jonrleonard@yahoo.com