Fuel Question

Kats 72 monte

This may sound like a goofy question.....but this is concerning my baby and I don't want to hurt it.  Last year I filled up my tank thinking that I would run through the gas through out the winter starting every couple weeks.  Well - I was a little over zealous and now I have a half a tank of gas thats a year + old sitting in my Monte's tank.  Is it safe to start  it - it hasn't been started yet this year.  (this is the first time that this has happened)  Can anyone give me there thoughts on if its okay to run it or should I siphon it out? How do you know if the gas is bad?  

Thank you for your help.  

We all know the smell of gas but if you open your cap and it has an odd smell to it you will know it has gone bad...hard to describe the smell but once you do ever smell bad gas it will forever stay in your memory, lol.

If it smells fine I personally still might siphon out as much as I could and use it in a lawn mower or something of that sort. Then fill the tank with some fresh gas and run it.

• Like 1