Rear window moulding

Gavin

How does this come off? I heard that you need some special device to remove the moulding. Is this true?

And oh yeah, why is the rear moulding $100 more expensive than the front?

Gavin

Yes, you'll need a tool specifically designed to remove and reinstall. Otherwise you damage the edges. Don't know why the rear is $100 more. There are four pieces versus three but as I recall the prices were very close.

Mark

if were talking window moulding .....the rear pieces have those fine curves to produce . the front ones are basically straight parts.

yep its best removed with a tool .

mike

• 2 weeks later...

But is it possible to take the moulding off without the special tool?

Another important question:

I live in the Netherlands where the climate is moist and rust is common. Here we have the trouble that almost all rearwindows (the lower portion) have rust. Around the windows almost always some type of silicon kit is used to make the window waterproof. Is there a new product out there that makes leaky, rusty rearwindows a thing of the past?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by George Lines:
I have one of those tools and it works quite well.</font>

You should be able to get one from a parts store. They are not expensive. I think that you will probably damage the chrome without one.
Using POR products will effectively seal these areas off from the elements. www.por15store.com

[This message has been edited by George Lines (edited 09-29-2002).]