Mounting non monte modern seats...

o_rod

I'm in the process of mounting a set of Acura RSX leather buckets in the Monte and would like to hear from those who mounted stock seats from modern cars...

The seats would have been easy to mount but in the stock mounting bracket locations but the seat ends up too close to the steering wheel. It seems they need to be moved back another 3 or 4" back to be comfortable. I seen a guy run a set.of these in a Chevelle and he used the stock locationso and they are further back. I thought all A body interiors are interchangeable?

seats.jpg

Grabbed them out of an 04 Acura RSX type S. Very supportive and comfortable. Total cost was 75 bucks canadian from a local pick n' pull.

I seen a Chevelle with these bolted in but for some reason they aren't fitting as well for me in the Monte. Oh well, I ended up fabbing and welding in my own mounts/brackets to get these where I want them. I'll post the whole process once it's complete.