Ratchet Shifter questiosn

kc8oye

I'm still exploring all my transmission options..

has anyone here used a Hurst ProMatic-II ?

the local parts store has one.. it seemed to be real nice on the counter heheh.

I specificly want a shifter that ratchets in both directions (up and down) since I want to auto-x / club race with it. (assuming I stay with an auto)

but one thing that was difficult to tell.. is how well it ratchets in both directions.. I.e

can I ratchet 1-2 then 2-1 thne 1-2 then 2-3 then 3-2 again or any combination there of? or does it ratchet only one way to either end?

also.. does anyone know if there's a similar model that can do 3 or 4 speed trans? (in case I go with a 700r4)

The B&M Megashifter. Ratchets both ways, easy to adjust, fits in our counsils if you have one, albeit with some modifications to the counsil and lifting the shifter up with washers. But it looks good in there, and is wicked on the street or track. Just my 2 cents, but this is the only ratchet shifer I have ever used too. Big J

Almost forgot, easy to convert to 4 speed, evan after installed...

Big J: thanks for the info.. I'm problaby going to stay with the hurst right now. if I go back to buckets and console, I'm gonna use a 3rd gen firebird console I think. i really liked it when I had it before..

interior2hl.th.jpg

that's my old monte. my new one is a plain bench (for now)

i believe I can tuck the pro-matic II underneath a stock f-body console heheh... and i can get it from the parts store I prefer to take all my business to smile