S.B.C. Block Heads ?

Guest TLP

Know a few people who have them and liked them once they got the right cam. These heads are especially finiky about cam grind. I'm not sure what one you need, but Comp Cams cam help line will. If you are on a budget I'd go with Vortec iron heads with the good parts in them and call it a day. There are some pretty good mills out there running these heads and they are cheap.

Thanks, I seen where I could get a set about 450 cheaper than a set of AFR 195 E'S I did not know much about them. If I go that route I guess I will go AFR.

You can't go wrong with AFR. I use their BBC 315CNC heads and love them. I put down 534hp to the wheels on pump gas and I still think that these heads still have enough left in them to put down another 15-20 wheel HP. Until I personally see a set of Dart heads beat the power numbers I'm a AFR fan for life. Most of the AFR fans are on the west coast and most people from the east are Dart nuts. Weird.

I have a buddy who just got a set of the AFR 195 Eliminator heads. All I can say is WOW! They look phenomenal. You will not be disappointed if you order the AFRs. Although the Vortecs are a great option too.

Scott