tubbing

Guest oldskoolmc

Guest oldskoolmc

How hard is it to tub a 70 monte? Never attempted before and I'm kicking it around alot. I'm torn between 20's on the rear and 18's on the front or just going with the wide meats. I like the look of both styles, just trying to get additional info. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Oh one more thing. If you tub the monte do you lose your back seat?

Wish I could help you with the tubbing info but I cant frown but I will say I think it will look a lot cooler if you do that than go with big rims smile I dont think you would have to lose your back seat unless you put a cage in the car.... but dont know for sure smile

Tom

back halfing or tubbing a car takes alot of time. best thing would be to order a kit that summit sales. basicly u are moved the frame rails in and shorten the rear end. here is a four link setup from summit http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CEE%2D1415&N=700+4294925130+4294839049+4294816414+115&autoview=sku . here is a ladder bar kit http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CEE%2D0615&N=700+4294925130+4294839049+4294816414+4294816412+115&autoview=sku . or u can do what my uncle did and cut the rails off the frame box the ends where u cut the rails off at and do the same in the back. will need a good welder as ur life will be on the line. might want to check with a hot rod shop and see if they will do it for u. as far as the back seat u move the rear end back a few inches and u can keep the back seat and the wheels will be in the wheel wells. the main thing is gettin the spring rate right for the coil overs and how wide u want to go in the tub kit.