Holley 600 DP vs. Edelbrock

gprimm

Currently have a Eddy 650 electric choke on my 350. I have the chance to buy a Holley DP 600 for $100. I am not a carb expert, but Don "Rice Racing 1" like the Holley's way better than the Eddy?

My initial response is that I should stay with the Eddy.

George

Hey George,

How much modifying have ya done with the engine and what kind of gear do ya run out back? Does the car see any time at the strip? If your Eddy is working great I would just leave it on. A d/p on a stock or mild engine would most likely hurt performance and economy ( if that one really matters LOL).

David

George,

I agree with Dave your eddy carb will probably be more responsive with your set up. But I think 100 bucks for the 600 dp is a real good price. It would be a great carb for a small motor light car with a 4 speed.

Well, it is a GM crate engine with a Comp Cams XE268. Going to 3.42 gears and a 700R4. Will eventually get aftermarket or Vortec heads. The Eddy is nice, easy to adjust, but often "dissed" by performance guys. George

Guest chico,70'chev

I had to know the answer to this one myself.I asked my engine builder (John Beck-Pro Machine)the question.Holley or Edelbrock?He said Holley everytime. Just his preference,though.I run a edelbrock on my 350 and it porforms fine.I wish I could afford a Barry Grant though.just my 1.5 cents!lol

Well, it is a GM crate engine with a Comp Cams XE268. Going to 3.42 gears and a 700R4. Will eventually get aftermarket or Vortec heads. The Eddy is nice, easy to adjust, but often "dissed" by performance guys. George

Heck George,

There ain't nothing wrong with eddy carb. The fact that you like it, it's easy to adjust and it works great is all ya need. As long as your happy, that's what counts!!! I consider myself kinda a performance guy and I sure wouldn't diss an eddy.

David