71 402 4 speed Missed out

Just a little story i wanted to share, a few months back I missed out on a pretty rare car, I had just bought my 70 and was getting a new exhaust put on, My father who had taken it to the shop ran into a old friend who said nice Monte, and then said i know where one is for sale, and then he said it's a 71 4 speed Big block car all original 1 owner car low miles , so my dad called me and told me about it, I'm not a Monte historian but i knew that was a rare car, so i said we gotta go see this car ASAP , so he told us where it was and we headed over to see it, got to the street where it was for sale and we couldn't find it, so we drove up and down the street  just to make sure we didn't miss the house, so my dad called the guy who told us about the car, no answer, so we went home, about a hour goes by and he calls back, my dad told him we couldn't find the car, so the guy said I'll call you right back , his nephew lived on that street and he would have him go over to the guys house and let him know we were interested in the monte, So a few hours later my dad gets a call from his friend, Monte was sold the day before , I was like DAMMIT lol , Someone from NY came and bought it, i was wondering if it was someone from FGMCC , The car was left to the son , father had passed away and the son wasn't really into cars so he put it up for sale, It's been a few months and i still think about it, i was pretty bummed out on missing out but I'm happy with the 70 my father and I bought 

1 hour ago, 502ci said:

Bummer.

Big question now is what did it sell for.

I really don't want to put the price he was asking incase the person who bought it is a member of FGMCC , All i can say is it was a deal