Quieting the Rattles

Cali4nia Monte

Hey does anybody have any suggestions on how to quiet the trunklid down? I stuffed a bunch of foam padding into it where I could and its better but my gosh when Mike cranks the stereo it sounds like the back end of the car is gonna rattle off. It sounds great on the inside of the car...you can't hear the rattling, probably because we fatmatted the entire inside of the car....but standing outside the trunklid vibrates really loud. I was thinking of buying some of that spray foam and filling the trunk lid but I'm afraid of what it might do??? What do you all think?

I have a video of what I am talking about but the lyrics of the song are not appropriate to post on the site. Sublime....=) PM me if you wanna hear what I am talking about.

I agree 100% with Allan's sugestions and if you don't want to open your trunck and see all that Dynomat fabricate, or have someone make you a custom deck lid cover out of a very light weight material and then cover it in what ever your favorite material and screw the cover into the deck lid framing(be careful you only need screws long enough hold it on and if you go to long you are poking into the top of the deck lid.

Better idea would be to turn the stereo down/off and let the sound of your engine/exhaust be music to your ears. I'll never put a stereo in my Monte. For me it takes away from the whole feel of having an old hotrod/muscle car.

LOL Thanks Allen you pointed out some area's I hadn't thought of. I did the double stick on the license plate but never thought about the lock thingy or the springs. I need to order more Fatmat...I covered every square inch of the interior and the bottom of the trunk and the wheel well area inside the trunk but ran out so didn't have any for the trunk lid.

As for turning down the stereo.....pppffffttt What fun would that be!...LOL