tv cable issue

Guest drummer70

Guest drummer70

i have a 71 with a sb 350 and a th350 tranny. for the carb i have the edelbrock 1406 (performer series 600cfm). my problem is that the tv cable wont properly reach the choke linkage, and when it does it will downshift when giving about 1/8th throttle. i just wanted to know if i have to get a whole new cable for it or if there is something to put on the carb or the cable itself to correct this problem? thanks in advance!!

a) you don' thave a TV cable. you have a kick down cable.

B) it doesn't go anywhere near the choke linkage unless edelbrock uses a bizzare setup. it should be on the driver's side along with the throttle cable.

you need to consult edelbrock's catalog for the correct bracket.

I'm sure like holley they have their own brackets to make it all fit.

the 3rd option is to simply leave it disconnected.. it won't hurt the TH350 at all, it just won't downshift on it's own when you stomp on the gas (you can do it manually tho)

(the th350 relies on a vacuum modulator to control shift points and shift firmness)

Guest drummer70

looks like i can just make that bracket that edelbrock makes! and sorry about calling it a tv cable, we were told it tranny class not to use the term "kickdown cable" for anything. and also the choke linkage, i was thinking about the electric choke as i was typing out the carb info. i do know that it hooks to the throttle.

well, the thing is.. TH350's don't have a "throttle velocity" cable. it's only purpose is to tell the trans to kick down.

(That's why it has that long slot in the cable, so it doesn't do anyhting until you get to nearly full throttle.

the TH400 does it with an electric switch under the gas pedal.

the TH200-4R and the TH700-R4 use a TV cable. where that cable position controls hydrualic line pressure in the trans, and w/o the trans will die. (quickly)