Computer shutting down

Packratt

The past week or so my computer has been shutting down when my son is on his gaming sites. He not a big time gamer at six but does go to the nick site and gamefudge.

It shuts down and will not reboot to windows unless it sits for a while. I have updated all my security software and did full scans on everything. Could it just be overloading the system when he is gaming?

Computer is less than a year old. Any ideas?

System specs

Intel dual core processor

1.66 GHZ 667 MHZ FSB 2MB L2 cache

358 MB mobile INTEL Graphic media

2gb DDR2

i thought that also. i logged him into a totally new site this morning.Twenty minutes later it shut down.My wife and use it all day with no problems

Acer laptop with 17 inch screen.

Model is aspire 7720-6569

I'm leaning to the heat issue myself. When I had it mounted in the truck my stand had twin cooling fans that blew under the laptop. i propped it up a few minutes ago and i'm turning the little bugger loose on it again.

might want to try one of thsoe laptop coolers underneath it.

I know my old umax laptop I have at home the cooling fan is in the bottom of it, so if it's sitting on my lap it can not cool itself and gets cranky when it gets hot.. (AMD K6-2 300mhz) it's a dinosuar wink

i put a book under it and told the kids to wear it out.2 hours of gaming and no probs. guess i will look for a cooler after Christmas

I haven't yet Jake. It has ran all afternoon since I raised the front with a book. I think it needed more air. When I had it mounted in the truck my stand had cooling fans to keep it cool. I've got so much on my plate this week i never thought about cooling untill Allan mentioned it.