Rear Gears - Richman vs??

Anyone have experience with Richman rear gears. I have been told by some that they run hot and noisey. Is that true? While Richman are "harder"and stronger than OEM some say OEM are quiet. Also, are Yukon quiet?

Thanks

I guess you mean Richmond Gears?

I run a set of 3.73 Richmonds in my 71 and did not find them noisier than any other gearset...

Most Richmond gears that make noise are simply set up wrong. Either the backlash or pinion depth is not correct. I have had a few problems with Richmond gears, but I can't say that they have more problems than any other manufacturer. I use mostly Motive Gear and US Gear.

Most Richmond gears that make noise are simply set up wrong. Either the backlash or pinion depth is not correct. I have had a few problems with Richmond gears, but I can't say that they have more problems than any other manufacturer. I use mostly Motive Gear and US Gear.

So true- Richmond gears are ok, but set them up wrong and they'll make noise. Setting up gears is no simple matter, either. Around here, you either pay a fortune to have them set up correctly or do it cheap (by a "performance shop") and they're noisey. But hey, who cares- the exhaust drone will cover it up.... It can actually start to make sense $$ to just buy a complete new rear.

jrb70454

Thanks for the input. I priced Moser complete rear. It comes to about $2200. New posi,gears, bearings and install kit goes for about $1200 instlled.Big Difference!

Do you know of any supplier of new stock 10 or 12 bolt rears with posi?

Thanks.

RichMonte