Pictures of where to mount Holley fuel pump

ouch

I am doing a LS 427 stroker swap and don't see any good place to mount my external holley blue pump.I have QA1 sway bar that limits room between tank and rear and sides look to close to exhaust. If you have pics that would be great.

Is that LS going to be EFI, or carbureted? 

I was hoping you were going to say EFI, then I would have suggested an internal fuel tank pump. 

Maybe somewhere along the passenger side frame rail, ahead of the tire. That's where I recall mounting a Holley Blue pump years ago on my old 72 Monte. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Marks71 said:

Not familiar with that pump but does it predominantly pull or push fuel.

You want it low, and closer to the fuel tank typically. 

Realistically, you could still probably find an in-tank unit, with lower pressure and use that for the carb application. I've never had real good luck with longevity on those holley external pumps. They make a rebuild kit for the lower pump body (at least they used to).

• Like 1

Yes it's now mounted passanger side frame rail next to exhaust. It's flush with the bottom of tank. I will make a small heat shield to keep the pump motor from exhaust heat. Since I have new sending unit and pump I did not want to spend more money on new tank with pump. Tank looks like $700 plus to support 625 HP. If I can't use what I bought then I'll begrudginly spend it. So far so good.

• Like 2