1970 CD Service Manual for Chevrolets

Rongor

Has anyone purchased or used the 1970 CD Shop Manual Set for Chevelle Monte Carlo El Caminos which are being sold on E-Bay. I'm just looking for feedback on the quality and usefulness before I purchase it.

Thanks

Ron

1970CheroletServiceManualCD.jpg

Can't comment on the C/D version, but I have each of the paperback versions and would't do with out them. They are chock full of everything you want to know about YOUR car, not 70-88 monte's. I would highly recommend them.

I'd still opt for the paper manual. Think of it this way. Are you willing to bring your laptop (if you have one) into your shop or print a needed section just so you have the information close by? I have both paper and e-versions (depending on which vehicle I'm working on) and never bring my laptop into the shop. I'm always having to print what I need since greasy fingers on the keyboard are a pain to clean.

Thanks for your response. You indicate NOT the 70-88 Montes but I'm not sure what you mean by that??

I think what Rich means is that they're specifically for 1970 model year cars, unlike some manuals for Monte Carlos which cover all of the rear-drive years ('70-'88), i.e.: Chiltons, Haynes, etc. Those are alright for basics and maintenance, but when it comes to a lot of specifics and how the cars are actually put together, etc. you can't beat the original factory manuals. They're great!

I would also agree about the printed books vs. CD versions for practical "hands on" reasons that the books are probably overall more useful, though. Having both print and CD versions would be super, however - even if it would be redundant.

Dave

Thank Chris and Dave. What you're saying makes perfect sense.

I appreciate your responses.

Regards,

Ron