need help

i think my 200r4 has about had it still will go in gear but just like at idle speed if you press the gas it will go a little but have to press the gas alot farther. dad said it might be clutch pack or the ban thing. he dont know much about 200r4 does anybody know how to adjust the ban or any other idea what is wrong.hoping it dont need rebuild

• 1 month later...

it sounds like your torque converter has let go.

i would drop your trans. pan and check for chunks. if you find chunks, new torque converter, and I would highly recomend a rebuild becuase the junk coming outta the converter may well have damaged important stuff.

if you don't find chunks, I'm not too sure. I'm not REAL familiar with 200's, but I don't believe the band does anything in 1st gear.

my next question is.. I don't believe a 200-4r's band is adjustable ( I could be wrong) I know the TH200/Th250 (not the 200-4r tho) is externally adjustable

this also sounds remarkably like when my Th350 went out.

my front pump went bad.. on the way home I lost 3rd gear (burned it out from low fluid pressure as I found out later) so I kept on going home in 2nd. eventually I lost 2nd. and was down 1st gear with the car doing this *rev*-*JERK* *rev*-*JERK* the last mile or so to the house.. the next morning, I backed it out of the driveway, and that's where it died completely.. in the middle of the road.

dont' mean to ruin your day.. but typically when an automatic looses drive, it's bad, and it's not cheap.

thats what it was. pulled the tran out a couple days after i posted here. put a 350 in it but it dont shift to good, it came from junk yard. the 350 is putting a hole in my wallet with gas so hopefully gonna get a 700 soon. the 200r4 looked like it had alot of metal in pan so i think it will be a pratice rebuild for me. what type of specialty tools do i need?

ya know.. I've never been inside a 200-4r.. not really sure.

what's wrong with the TH350's shifting? too early? too late? not at all? lemme know.. might be simple to fix.

I run a TH350c in the monte, and it does well. i avoid the freeways tho.. 2800 rpm with glasspacks gets old fast.. lol

its been shifting to late. i ve been shifting the gears for a few weeks now.it is makeing the whining noise a lot now. it came out of a 76 van dont know how many miles on it.my part time job is a good 30 miles from me and he said he would help get a 700 in a few weeks but if that dont work someone told me about the overdrive that you can add on would that work for me

don't bother with an add-on o.d unit.. they're sooo expensive, you can buy two professionaly built 700r4's for that kinda cash.

you can rebuild a th350 yourself easy enough.