DNS

monte70car

While at class last night we lost power at home, which took everything off line. When I got in around 10:20 I could not get on the net. I have unhooked the router, modem, dropped the wireless card in my desktop, and still can't get on it tells me it can not connect to the PDNS 68.105.28.11. I have tired to repair the card and still nothing. I can get into the router and ping websites but yet I can not surf the web. An ideas on how to get it back up? I did have it up twice last night and then it went down. All the lights on the modem are in and flashing, I'm sending out stuff but not receiving anything.

It's just odd how it can pop on for 5 seconds then go dead again. I did change the dns numbers this morning and still had the same issue. Could my router went dead when the power went out? Mom said the lighting hit close to the house as power went off then back on real quick. My only way to check the board now is on my cell when I'm home frown

That I do not know Allan as I was working on it until 11:30 last night. I know I do not have the globe by the computers on my desktop. I though it was odd how I could ping the website but when I click on IE it gave me a cannot find page. I can ping any site I want going though the router but can't pull up webpages.

I would plug one of your compueters directly into the cable modem were you have your router plugged in. Eliminate the modem / router fisrt. If it works, the I would reset the router and go from there.

Kevin

Last night I had recived 737,649 bytes and sent 172,359 bytes but yet no internet. I did leave the router and modem unpluged last night and hooked it up this morning before I left for class. The only security items I would have to redo is wep2 and the host name. If someone is willing to email me step by step I think that'll be easier on me.

I'm running my laptop for school even hooked straight to the modem I can't get out to the web. Router was unpluged for 3 minutes. Messenge is windows tried a repair but problem still exists. Cannot communicate with primary DNs server