Yenko Prepped 1st Gen Monte??

TN454Monte

Dave--this first time I saw the 396/425hp Impala when it was introduced in 1965, I was in love. I saw one in a parade then and thought it was the baddest thing at the time. I took my driver's test in my Dad's new 1965 Impala (283 cube family car).

Parallel park one of them big cars, which I still do today. Cracks me up when I watch people try to parallel park in today's smaller cars. Can't do it or has a hard time.

Tim, I actually I had two of them. The first was a bench seat Sea Foam Green Impala and the second was a red SS. The red car was originally ordered by Dale Armstrong (if you know who he is, top fuel crew chief) and when it came in the dealership sales guy sold it out from under him. I picked it up a few years later, wish I still had them both. My Dad ordered a new blue on blue SS with a 300hp 327, it was a beautiful car and it was fun watching my sisters try to park it. A few years ago I had an all original black on black SS with 68,000 mi, wish I still had that one too. I raced the green car and it ran very good in the 12.70's for that time. Be an 11 second car today with good tires and such..... cool