New bullet info update

dbreese

Ok guys and gals the camshaft is in an here are the specs from the cam card;

Cammotion custom grind on a billet core soild roller low lash

In with 1.6 rockers .668 lift dur 254 @ .050

Ex with 1.5 rockers .631 lift dur 262 @ .050

We had to send the intake rockers back to Jesel and had them swap with a .300 offset rocker. Reason being that the pushrods being used would not line up with the rocker. A stock dia pushrod 5/16" would have worked fine but we're using 7/16" dia to aid in valvetrain stability and durabilty. I'm off Mon/Tues next week and will post pic's. Also scored a deal on a Vic jr intake that is going to have a neat mod done to it. The area behind the thermostat neck will be removed. If you look at the Vic Jr you will see that this material connects to the front runners. By removing the uneeded material it will eliminate heat transfer to the intake runners up front. My engine builder has a 377 he built along time ago with that mod. I'll also post pic's of that.

David

cool Dave, can't wait to see what numbers it's going to put out. I've seen that trend lately where some grinds are using the shorter lift on the exhaust side vs the traditional longer lift. Is that because you're mixing rocker ratio's? Can you elaborate on that...Crazy Davey

Hey Dave,

You noticed that the lift/ duration numbers are different with this cam. It was explained to me that because todays aftermarket heads combustion chambers and exhaust ports are so much better than old head designs/factory heads that you could do away with the extra lift that was needed to make them perform. Little easier on the valve train. My old cam was ground the same way just a little smaller.LOL!!!

David

So Dave, who's rollbar are you looking at? It would be a bummer if you made one pass and they sent you home....Crazy Davey...

There is a chassis shop (Dan Neuaman) about 2 1/2 hours south of me that can do a custom 6 point in mild steel for 600.00. I hope I'll go fast enough to get kicked off.LOL!!

David