Finally decision

Chevyss

Well, I've made my final decision on what transmission to use behind the 502. My trans man has been doing some research and has told me that he can build the trans even more than it is now. Trans brake, reverse shift pattern and some different clutches and such. What is your take on this .

Yes. The trans guy claims that he can build it to be bullit proof and I can still have the OD. Save some money and won't have an extra trans sitting around to trip over. I'm really looking forward to this coming season.

I know it can be done. The guy that built mine has built them for

guys that race the snot out of them and drive them home. I know of

5 that range from low 10's to high 11's. 4 are bb.

What are the plans for the planetary?

I would recommend at the minimum to use the DELCO 5 gear planetary units front and rear . Use the Beast Cage or higher quality if one is available now . I have not used hardend input shaft/housing but know there avalable .

I would recommend at the minimum to use the DELCO 5 gear planetary units front and rear.

Yep, that is why I was asking. For that kind of HP I would expect

cryogenically treated parts also.

We start next week on the rebuild. Since it's only got 1100 miles since it was installed I'd expect that it is nice and clean. I'm waiting on a brake line kit and other parts so we can do it all at once. More to come

If you don't use the parts equivilent to the parts that are in a company called P.A.T.C. 700R4 Mega Raptor tranny you will be sorry very quickly. There is no 700R4 that will hold up to 1200HP no matter what parts you throw at it. However a 700R4 will hold up to 700HP with the parts mentioned above. Believe who you want, but I've been there and did that and now my old tranny is setting behind a Pat Musy 555 and as far as I know is still doing just fine.