Track Results 11/8/2010

Andy's Auto

Getting a land yacht to go fast is starting to get on my nerves a little. First pass was the best to that time. No incar, turns out it will eat batteries no matter if you turn it off or not. Today was a NeedForSpeed.com invitational. Had a blast. Messed with the timing and did a few jet changes.

1st 12.13@110.64 with a best ever 1.69 60 foot.Strong launch, pulled well but the MPH is just not there.

2nd 12.21@109.44 Advanced the timing to 8 degrees total. 60 foot went back to 1.77 and popped abit.

3rg 12.64@82.90 Battery flew out of the tray pulling the power wire from the junction block. 60 foot was 1.61.

4th 12.23@109.56. Went from 73/92 on the jets to 84/92. 60 foot went 1.63.

5th 12.09@110.31. 60 foot stayed at 1.61. Pulled timing back to 36 degrees. Biting hard and stayed together.

6th 12.03@110.96. 60 foot again 1.61. Did not touch the car. Raised shift points from 6300 to 6600.

7th 11.03@125.33 eedless to say I hit the 150 shot of happy gas and pulled like a freight train. I flipped the switch halfway through 2nd gear. Similar 60 at 1.64.

So we get a full second of ET and 14.6 MPH. Not too bad but remember the cam and engine is built around a 350 horse 2 stage shot of juice. But I like my TCI Th350. Done with the car for now. Weds I am taking the Malibu out. The last pass that car made was a 10.51@130.03. Lets us see if there is anything left in it.

I am going to try my scanner at the shop tomorrow to post the actual timeslips.

Andy

Daveys', here is the best thing. It was 2010/2011 Nissan GTR day. Without so much as lifting a hood these things run mid 10's without so much as opening the hood.

Based on that and the idea that it was a private track rental event, there was no tech. I filled out my tech card, jumped on tthe back of a buds golf cart and fornd the tech guy standing behind the tower. "Here's your wristband". They were checking no cars at all.

But the grey rules were simple. If you broke and the event organizers deemed it was a rules violation that let you break, you do not get the invite back. I actually was never invited, buut a good bud of mine gave me the secret handshake as well as the secret password. Yesterday I was Cubanito2. laugh

Hey it worked. A guy I know has a 2010 GTR and his day was spent hot lapping his car all day until he had to put gas in it. He ran the car 28 times between 10 am and 5 pm, all runs between 10.40 and 10.70. Davey, I need $91,000 for a new Nissan. Seems I have been going about it all wrong.

Andy

LOL - Andy, I cannot see you in a GTR.......at least not in your overalls!!!!!

Nice runs - 11s are right there! and I can identify with the battery...just got my new try from Leo.

What were the temps that day? I was out of town.

oopsie...I forgot about the invite only Grand Poupon Nissan Nationals....Save your money or buy more turtles. There's no challenge in a store bought car unless you've lost the will to live or take great pride in your check writing ability.

150298_445286185763_117261225763_5950826

406, full dress, fully restored '65 wagon running 9.70's...tell Kobayashi to try that in his GT whatever....there was also a totally stock looking '75 Vette running 9.50's on street radials through the mufflers....that's gettin' it done...

the Davey