Dash Configuration

Terry Lee

I need some help identifing a component in the dash configuration. I started out simply tring to install some front dash speakers and ended up taking the entire dash out once I got into it. I ended up breaking the gauge cluster plastic housing and had to replace it. As I'm putting it back together I noticed that I don't remember what was in one of the 4 small holes surrounding the speedometer. The two upper are the right and left turn signals and the lower right is the high beam indicator. The one one the lower left is a question. There is a dash bulb in the opening in the instrument cluster, however, I don't remember what was in front on the dash side. It appears to be open all the way to the bulb location.

What is it for?

Thanks!

Terry

Lower left is the Brake Warning light

It should illuminate if the parking brake is engaged or if the brake line pressure is low

There are two switches for it, one directly behind the parking brake pedal, the other is on the proportioning valve in the engine compartment (driver side frame rail, close to the exhaust)

There's a thin red plastic insert with Brake printed on it that you may of lost .Nothing holds it in in place until you get the cluster in but some pins .