condensation or water out of tail pipes

rollin 72 monte

It is normal when first started. It blows out any condensation etc. It is more frequent with newer cars that have catalitic converters. the "Cats" exchange the Nitrous Oxides in the exhaust and produce water vapor in the exchange. I beleive this is why most new cars come with stainless steel exhaust systems now.

I would not worry about but you should check you oil and make sure it is not milky looking. If it is this is an indication of a blown head gasket.

Steve

It sounds normal, as mentioned above condensation forms until the system warms up. That's what rots your exhaust from the inside out if you do a lot of short trips.

If you think about it, a coolant leak would have to be pretty focused to somehow slip in the exaust pipes in liquid form without going into the engine. In my experience coolant leaking in the engine will be burned and can sometimes be seen as white smoke in the exhaust and you would notice that sickly sick coolant smell.